The Lamont Memorial Free Library appreciates your donations of new or gently used materials. Items may be added to the collection if they satisfy our Collection Development Policy criteria; most donations are sorted and placed in the Library’s Book Sale to support library services and programs.
The Library accepts the following types of materials:
- Books (fiction and non-fiction, hardcover and paperback, large print, children’s books)
- Audio CDs, Books on CD, DVDs, and Blu-ray
- Console games
- Other items of local, historical interest (please call ahead)
The Library does not accept these types of materials:
- Dated material (e.g., almanacs, computer books, buying guides, directories)
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- VHS Tapes
All donated materials must be in good condition
- We do not accept musty, mildewed, stained or discolored items.
- All materials must be complete and intact.
How to donate:
- Please call the Lamont Memorial Free Library to assure we are accepting donations and have the space for them at this time.
- All materials must be brought to the library; we cannot pick up materials from another location.
Are donations tax-deductible?
- The Lamont Memorial Free Library may give a receipt for tax purposes, but will not appraise or estimate the value of the materials.
- If you have questions or have more than two boxes of materials to donate, please contact: (607) 836 – 6767
Adopted: March 16, 2020
Revised: May 16, 2022